Photo credit: Mark Sampson | THRIBE
The awesome Impi Challenge is happening at the fantastic Van Gaalens Cheese Farm. With five different categories, there will be something for everyone! Press release below:
RELIVE CHILDHOOD DREAMS AT THE IMPI CHALLENGE IN GAUTENG
The adrenaline pumping IMPI Challenge heads to the North West Province one last time in 2015. Taking place at the picturesque Van Gaalens Cheese Farm (Hartbeespoort) on Thursday, 24 September 2015, adventure seekers can expect to get dirty!
A trail run with a twist, the IMPI Challenge has five fun categories to choose from and is ideal for entrants of all ages.
IMPI Challenge: 10 km with 18 obstacles (age 18+ years)
IMPI Dash: 5 km with 12 obstacles (ages 10+, all adults welcome)
IMPI Mini: 1km with smaller supervised obstacles (ages 6 – 10 years)
IMPI Elite: 18- 20km with 25 tough obstacles (age 18+ years); timed event with prize money
IMPI Corporate: the 10km Challenge distance with extra benefits (age 18+ years)
Prize money will be allocated to the top 3 finishers in the men’s and women’s IMPI Elite Race.
Prize Purse Breakdown:
IMPI Elite Race
1st: R 10 000.00
2nd: R 5 000.00
3rd: R 2 500.00
The first male and female IMPI Elite finisher that is 45 years of age and/or older will take home a whopping R2000 prize.
IMPI Challenge Director, Pieter Du Plessis, has supplied feedback on five frequently asked questions:
1. What is the best way to train for IMPI? There are various ways to train, but all should include a mix of running and strength training.
2. Do you need a team? A team is not compulsory, but is recommended to experience amazing camaraderie.
3. Should you wear gloves? This is highly debated. Some entrants say that mud covered gloves are
more slippery, while others say that wearing gloves lessens the pain on climbs.
4. Should I duct tape my shoes? Only if you want to look hard core. Rather invest in good laces, tie them well and tuck them in. That way you can empty/adjust shoes easily and quickly.
5. Do I need to wear long pants and long sleeves? Again this comes down to personal preference. With regard to pants, knees are the hardest hit. You decide what you can bear. With regard to sleeves, arm warmers are a good alternative as they protect elbows.
An event favourite, entrants are invited to enter the best dressed competition. Pull out all the stops! There are awesome sponsor prizes up for grabs.
Family and friends are invited to relax in the Festival Area while loved ones conquer their fears out on route.
Like our Facebook page: Impi Challenge
Follow us on Twitter: @impichallenge
For more information on the IMPI Challenge contact 076 772 3735, email email@example.com or visit www.impichallenge.co.za